How Avtalspension SAF-LO works
When you work at a company that has a collective agreement, your employer pays money into your occupational pension, which is a collective pension called Avtalspension SAF-LO.
Important information about your occupational pension
- Money will be paid in from the month in which you turn 22 up until you turn 65.
- Your employer pays in an amount corresponding to at least 4.5 % of your pay into your occupational pension. For example, if you have a monthly salary of SEK 25,000, you will consequently earn at least SEK 1,125 into your occupational pension every month.
- For the part of your salary that exceeds an amount corresponding to SEK 46,438 per month, your employer pays in 30 %.
- There is an insurance scheme that pays money into your occupational pension if you are on parental leave or on long-term sick leave. This insurance ensures that you do not miss out on pension funds at times when you are not receiving your regular salary. You have to apply for this yourself from Afa Försäkring, a Swedish insurance company.
Invest your occupational pension
You can choose what type of saving you want to use for your occupational pension.
- Traditional insurance – the pension company determines how your money is to be invested. The risk is lower and you are guaranteed a certain pension.
- Unit-linked insurance – you can yourself influence how your money is to be invested, and you decide for yourself what risk level you want to have.
- If you don’t want to choose, your money will be invested in a traditional insurance scheme with AMF, a Swedish pension company.
Financial compensation to your family in the event of your death
You can choose to add extra cover that can provide compensation to your family in the event of your death.
- Repayment cover – your family receives the money you have saved for your occupational pension in the event of your death.
- Family cover – insurance that provides your family with money in the event of your death before reaching the age of 65. You choose the size of the amount they will receive and the length of time the payments will continue.
View your occupational pension and make your choices at Fora
Fora administers your occupational pension. By logging into fora.se, you can obtain an overview of how much your employer has paid into your occupational pension. You can also make choices, change selections or move your pension funds.
Part-time pension means both that your employer pays in additional money into your occupational pension, and that you can have the opportunity to reduce your working hours towards the end of your working life. This applies within certain collective agreements.