Till innehållet
Logga in

If you are given notice of termination

If you are given notice of termination from your job, you may be entitled to transition support. This support is intended to help you find a new job or start studying. You may also be entitled to financial support.

Transition support from Trygghetsfonden TSL

Through Trygghetsfonden TSL, a foundation offering support to those who lose their job, you can receive assistance finding a new job, starting studies or starting your own business. The cause of your termination must be:

  • Work shortage
  • Illness
  • Completion of a temporary employment period.

In order to receive the support, you must have worked for at least 12 months over the past two years. You must also have worked at least 16 hours per week.

How to apply

If you have been given notice of termination due to work shortage, it is your employer or the trade union that entered into the collective agreement at your workplace that submits an application to Trygghetsfonden TSL on your behalf.

If you have had a temporary employment position that has expired or if you have been given notice of termination due to illness, you must apply yourself for the support from Trygghetsfonden TSL.

Extra money from Avgångsbidrag (AGB)

Avgångsbidrag (AGB) is an insurance that can provide you with severance pay as compensation if you have reached the age of 40 and if you are made redundant due to work shortage. You can also receive the compensation if you are given notice of termination due to illness or if you have completed a period of temporary employment.

Apply for compensation

You must apply for AGB from Afa Försäkring, a Swedish insurance company, within two years following the termination of your employment. You can also receive the severance pay if you have found a new job, you do not have to be unemployed to apply for the compensation.

Important information about Avgångsbidrag (AGB)

  • You must have reached the age of 40 and be below the age of 65.
  • The compensation is paid as a lump sum.
  • The size of the amount is dependent on your age and on whether you have worked full-time or part-time.
  • There is a requirement regarding how long you must have worked at a company that has a collective agreement.

Denna webbplats stöder inte Internet Explorer, var god byt till en annan webbläsare.