Till innehållet
Logga in

If you are injured at work

You can receive financial compensation via an insurance if you have been injured at work or on your way to or from work. This insurance is called Trygghetsförsäkring vid arbetsskada (TFA), and is a work injury insurance.

Report the injury in order to receive compensation

There are a few things you have to do to receive compensation:

  • Report what has happened to your employer and the workplace’s safety representative. Make sure you obtain a doctor’s certificate to confirm the injury.
  • Report the injury to Afa Försäkring, a Swedish insurance company. They will investigate whether you are entitled to compensation from the insurance.
  • In certain cases, you can also apply for compensation from Försäkringskassan, the Swedish Social Insurance Agency.

A few examples of what can be counted as a work injury

  • Accidents at work – also applies, for example, if you are receiving training or are on a business trip. 
  • Accidents on your way to or from work – applies when you have taken your normal route. If you have been in an accident in which a vehicle has been involved, you must instead seek compensation from the motor insurance.

Examples of things you can receive compensation for

  • If the injury has led to sick leave, you can receive compensation for loss of income.
  • If the injury has led to permanent problems, you may be entitled to compensation. This may relate to scars, amputation or disability, for example.
  • Loss of a tooth.

Denna webbplats stöder inte Internet Explorer, var god byt till en annan webbläsare.